1.27.2011

All I Want for Christmas is You

Christmas morning had come and gone, gifts had been unwrapped, and I was deep in my mid-afternoon nap (turkey induced, of course). After a half hour of superior slumber I awoke to my phone alerting me of a voicemail. I had two missed calls…Lauren and Emily Poche. Were they calling to tell me about new Yurman bracelets or Hunter Wellington boots? Oh no, not even close. Something way, way better. A gift had been delivered by method of a handsome man on one knee. It was beautiful…a round cut diamond, surrounded by smaller diamonds and completed with a perfect diamond band (did I mention, diamonds?). My sweet friend, Lauren Poche was ENGAGED! Below is the story of Lauren and Stephen and what her plans for the wedding are so far.

Please share with us the love story of you and Stephen.
Stephen and I met in church and attended the same high school. After knowing each other for a few years we began dating my senior year. We continued dating throughout college while maintaining a long distance relationship (I in Mississippi and he in Louisiana). After about a year into our relationship I knew this was the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, and I think he felt the same :). During the fall of 2010 Stephen and I shopped for rings and I picked out a few that I liked. Stephen surprised me on Christmas morning with one last present. As he got on his knee, a beautiful (and might I add, my favorite) diamond ring was presented as he asked me to be his bride. In the midst of all my crying I said YES and could not have been happier!

Have you considered colors and locations for your special day yet?
I love navy for the bridesmaid dresses. I am also considering blue, green, and white hydrangeas and cream colored roses, tulips, or peonies. The location is undetermined as of now but I would love a wedding in New Orleans or something plantation and old south inspired.

What was the first thing you did to begin preparation for your wedding?
Monday morning after Christmas I went to Books-a-Million and picked out wedding magazines and cute thank you notes I’ve had my eye on.

Describe your perfect wedding in three words.
Classy, Southern, and FUN!

Congratulations Lauren and Stephen! You deserve the absolute best and I couldn’t be happier for you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment