2.06.2012

I'll Drink to That

Cheers Belles and Beaus! As I pondered a post for the week, I passed a drive-thru daiquiri joint on the way home from work. Yes, in the great state of Louisiana you can purchase alcohol in a drive-thru.

Lately, having a signature drink at your wedding is all the rage. I got'ta say...I love it! Whether you and your groom choose a joint drink or a different beverage for each, you're guests will love the yummy cocktails!

Now let's break it down by seasons...

Winter
This one is for my sister-friend, Carly who's getting married January 2013. My favorite Christmas-time drink is the Poinsettia (perfect name, right?). Nom. Nom. Consider adding frozen cranberries instead of ice to make it more festive!
(1/4 cup vodka, 1/4 cup champagne, 1/2 cup cranberry juice, crushed ice or frozen cranberries, 2 strips orange zest)

Spring
Now, for an ode to my Phi Mu ladies in South Carolina, I introduce you to the spiked Arnold Palmer. A mix of tea and lemonade, two southern staples, makes this drink yummy to my tummy.
(3 cups tea, 2 cups lemonade, 10 oz of vodka, lemon slice)

Summer
We all know down here in the pits, it gets rippin' hot. The Cucumber-Ginger Fizzes is deliciously refreshing and will cool ya down quick! Ahhh...
(1 1/2 cups vodka, 2 English cucumbers-1 peeled & coarsely chopped-1 left whole, 1 lime; cut into 8 wedges, 2 bottles sparkling water, 1/2 cup Ginger Simple Syrup)

Fall
Nothin' is better in the Fall than a good glass of wine. Spruce it up with this Rose Wine Punch recipe.
(1/4 cantaloupe-peeled, 1 small peach-pitted, 1 small nectarine-pitted, 2 bottles chilled dry rose wine, 6 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 cups golden/red raspberries)

So, cheers to you and your love. It's time to pour a drink and dance the night away!

Mark Eric Photography
Love,
The Belle of the Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment