3.01.2012

Her Finest Memory

Freshman year of college, Ashton and I were the newbies who reluctantly volunteered ourselves for a sorority song competition. Although this was a competition involving the entire sorority, we got the chance to play a 'special' role, or that's what they told us. The theme was 'Christmas Around the World.' Luckily (and I say that with complete sarcasm)...we were chosen as the Sweden representatives. All while wearing suspenders, braids, and knickerbockers. This is one of my finest memories of Ashton...now it's time to share with you one of her finest memories, her engagement to Mr. Adam Hurst.


How did you and Adam meet? 
Adam and I met at a USM football game to which he told me weeks after was fate. He was headed to the game and forgot something in his truck. On his way he ran into me and my friends. If he wouldn't have gone back, we would've barely missed each other. Crazy!

What does your relationship with Adam mean to you? 
He is everything to me. I never knew until I met him what it meant to be loved and be in love. And how incredibly easy it should be.

Let's hear about the proposal!
I had plans for a while to go to dinner with some girlfriends. Adam asked if I could change plans so he could cook dinner for me. I agreed being the good girlfriend that I am! He cooked, started a fire outside, put on music and we had a glass of wine. He mentioned he needed to get his jacket from the car but came back instead with roses. I assumed it was for my agreeing to stay for dinner but he said he had something else for me. That's when my heart stopped. He pulled out the ring and got down on one knee (of course, my favorite part)! It all gets a little blurry after that but I remember him saying he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. It was perfect. 

Describe your dream wedding
When I first asked Adam what he wanted to do and where he wanted to go for our wedding his response was that it didn't matter where, just as long as I am there. That's my "dream wedding," being with him and seeing his face as I walk down the isle.

Any funny nick-names you wouldn't mind sharing? (We'll make sure Adam doesn't see)
What nick-names don't we have!? Turkey butt, stud muffin, sugar lips...just to name a few! (Side note: Turkey butt's got 'ta be my favorite -Em)

3 things you love, 3 things he loves...go! 
Me...horses, my puppy dogs, and Pinterest-duh.
Him...zombie movies, History Channel, and Oreos (nerd alert)

 Ashton ended our Q&A by saying, "I hope this helps! I'm so excited, yeeeehaaw!!" I think it's safe to say we got a good ole' southern belle ready to tie the knot with her gent. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say congratulations! You are going to make a beautiful bride and we wish you all the luck in your upcoming planning! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

(Check out Ashton's beautiful engagement ring under the Ring of the Week on the right side bar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment