11.21.2011

Fall in Love & Leaf Your Cares Behind

I have to admit...my new OPI color has got me raggin' for everything 'fall!' And, while I've always imagined a spring wedding, pumpkins, wheat, and colorful leaves have me pondering the cooler side of the year. Let me share my findings!

Ah, the barn...To my dismay, there aren't any barn venues in Loozianne. (I know, really?) I found the best barns in California so if you're a beach-side belle you might be in luck.

I'm ga-ga over these boutonnieres. They can be easily hand-made and preserved weeks prior to the wedding. Wheat, angel-hair stems, and a bright leaf tied with taffeta. Excellence.


Oh. My. Stars. I am about to go faceinhole on this picture because it's perfect! Loving the accent pumpkins lining the drive and you know the flawless dip gets me giddy.


How easy is this? Uncarved pumpkins last months so you're set to get a head start on table decorations! Give pumpkins a spray of off-white paint and top it off with black writing. Taffeta, burlap, and straw are key in giving the venue just the right fall-feelin'!


Yet another thing you can make on your own! Small pumpkins run about .50 a piece and if you are a scrounger you can find some good stems and twigs in your pappy's back yard! With all the money you'll save on flowers, hire a day-off wedding planner to set everything up and make it look perfect!


And, nothing says fall nights like twinkle stars and paper lanterns. This picture makes me want to be in a fuzzy, red blanket with wine and my beau. Since Louisiana is still 80 degrees I guess I will have to settle for just the wine (oh, well...I'm over it).

So go on belles...get comfy in your flannel shirt, skinny jeans, and brown boots and start thinking fall! And just remember...'Bye' weeks are a groom's best friend.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment