5.13.2011

Do Me a Favor

Hello my southern oak sun-shines! Now I know I have touched on this subject before, I am thinkin' we need a little refresher, yes? Favors for ya' favorites. Sorry I have to say this but, favors are a waste of your money. I know...these people drove from miles away and bought you a duvet (but) I don't think they'll care if they leave with 'love lip balm' or not.

So why don't we get started. I am warning you now...there are mason jars in just about all of them. I can't help it, you know me!

Have a special grandmother that can cook her can off? Does she have a recipe that you can put in a mason jar? Just print off some precious labels, tie a ribbon and send them with your guest. What person doesn't like a unique, homemade dessert? (Nom. Nom. Nom.)

(cupcakes in a mason jar. love.)

This is the perfect parting gift for a fall/winter wedding! Once again, ad that southern touch with a mason jar and paper doily, fill it with yummy hot chocolate and marshmallows and top it off with a personal stamp!


I know I've told y'all about candy bars before but I can't tell you how easy it is to DIY! Scope out deals at places like Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Goodwill and your momma's pantry and build this yourself. Place gift bags on the table so they can leave with some sweet treats! 


Ok, we're friends by now, right? So we can be honest with each other. We all like pictures of ourselves. Think about it...Take a picture of the Grand Canon then put yourself in the picture. Which are you going to frame? (that's what I thought) Let your guest leave with a memory of what a great time they had at your wedding! Get them in front of that camera and let them shake it like a Polaroid picture!

(fun at work)
I hope you all have a wonderful, sunny weekend! Throw on that cute white dress and cowboy boots and work what'cha momma gave ya! Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. The top dessert just looks scrumptious! This is a wonderful (not to mention practical) idea, Emily. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this website! Keep them comin' :)

    ReplyDelete